Wednesday, October 30, 2019

I am NOT LOYAL

I am back at my original Bikram studio. Well, almost, the original studio was by Yuk Yuk's on Cambie and this studio is in City Square mall. I have been to it before but it was called Bikram Yoga Vancouver. Anyways, I felt disloyal leaving Bikram for a studio closer to my home. (Westcoast Hot Yoga in Yaletown) When that studio started changing all its classes to one hours, I got frustrated and went back to Bikram. When I went back to work after having Christian, I didn't have as much time. I had to get my workouts in the morning I had to leave Bikram 15 minutes early to get to work. I hated interrupting the class by leaving. Another new studio opened up by me (One Hour Hot) and I went there for a few years. They only had one hours. Ironic. I came back from Florida and that studio closed (with my membership...). I decided to try Bikram Yoga Delta, on the way to school. I just had to get up really early to get there for 6am. I also got some class passes for YYoga. There are two of them within walking distance of my home. They just don't have 6ams I can attend. I do love the space, variety, and walkability.

When I first left Bikram, I felt bad. I have come back and see and recognize some of the same students. I see how they have improved over the years. I feel like I am at home. At the same time, I am ok being not loyal. I have learned a lot from visiting other studios and teachers. I shouldn't feel bad for trying to make my practice and my journey fit into my work life and budget. We are all here for the same reason - to practice together and share our energy.

It is good to be back and I feel like I will always come back to this studio. This is my home base.

No comments:

Post a Comment