Saturday, April 11, 2020

Harbour Dance YouTube Channel: Chris Bonus


April 8, 2020
Class: Chris Bonus, Justin Beiber: Intentions
Style: Hip Hop
Level: 2/3 (Intermediate/Advanced)

I really enjoyed this class. The video is only seventeen minutes long. It is taught in three sections. I paused at the end of each second, went back and reviewed, then ran it over and over, until it was solid in my brain. There is no cheating your brain when you are dancing alone on your patio. There is no one in class to peek at. YOU have to remember the moves and put them in your brain. So pause. Go back. Make up names for the moves in your head or say right and left, clap clap, play the guitar. Make it make sense to you.

Chris Bonus is an awesome teacher. He once collaborated on a dance team piece for Frank Hurt. I bet you didn't know that. Yes, back in the Simonne, Andrew, Dream Dance days - we had Chris and I can't remember the name of the other teacher - but I can see his face in my mind - really nice human - they taught a piece for our senior team. That was a great year. Good memories.

I recommend this class to anyone who has been taking hip hop for a while. This one is great to make your brain work. I was sweating and smiling at the end of it... and I don't even particularly like JB - but I got into this song. If you are newer to hip hop, you could still try it, just learn one chunk at a time and repeat it over and over. Cool Beans? Chris also says, "cool beans," in the video. Let me know if you try this class and what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment