Friday, March 30, 2018

Friday, March 30, 2018 Yoga - Mari / Cardio Flow - 80 Day Obsession

I haven't been to yoga in exactly two weeks. We went away for a few days and I got out of my 6am routine which is nice. During the past two weeks I have still kept up with my 80 Day Obsession workouts and I have done some dancing. I also did a lot of homework and playing with Christian.

Anywho, my point was, when I was at yoga this morning, because I have been away for two weeks, I noticed new strengths. I attribute this to the 80 Day Obsession workouts. From the very start of class, with the breathing, I could feel my core. I also noticed more strength in the side bend of my half moon pose. 
Another place that I have been noticing changes are in my triceps. I have been trying to feel my triceps, for the past year, in locust pose. Each time I get into this pose, I try to relax my non-working leg and push into the floor with my triceps. I could easily feel my triceps today. 
Mari gave me something to try in cobra: she told me to move my hands a little bit back and get more into the upper back and even my head. I think I am getting that right. It was a taller, longer feeling with a squeeze in the shoulder blades. I am going to try and remember that and try it again on Sunday. Mari always has a good tid bit for me. She makes me work so hard. (Which I adore!) 
It was a full class this morning as there was no 6am as it is a holiday.  This was the 7:45 class. The people around me were focused and trying hard which made me be able to focus and work hard too. 

Also, my left shoulder, which I injured at the start of last November caused me to modify some postures. Today, I did no modifications! YAY! Sometimes it is good to have a break. Although, I won't be too excited... let's see how it feels tonight and tomorrow. If there is no night aching... I might be getting close to being done with that injury. Another one for the books! 

When I came home, I had my green muffins, peanut butter, and water. I chilled and watched some trains with Big Boy, and then I did Cardio Flow. Usually, I have a break - the time it takes me to drive to school - so I was a bit pooped. BUT, I did it is DONE! 

I give thanks to the 80 Day Obsession workouts for my progression in yoga. (and not only yoga!)

Oh wait! There is one more thing I did this morning - before all of this:
http://www.oprah.com/own/first-look-deepak-chopras-21-day-meditation-challenge-video
My surfer girl, Andrea, sent this to me yesterday. It is already day 8 today... I started on day 7... but what an awesome way to "wake-up." I have always wanted to try meditation - and I have tried it - but try and stick to it - this may be my way in. Thank-you Andrea - this is just what I needed!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment