Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Tuesday 9:30 - 11am Bikram Yoga Delta with Lisa. ME: Let's DELETE and try that again

Yesterday morning I took the 9:30am class at Bikram Yoga Delta. I usually get up and take the 6am class but today, I have two spares in the morning and thought I would spend the morning with my son. My son ending up being bad for dad after I left and I ended up having a not so awesome class. I was so excited to go too. I had just got my 200 Hour Yoga Teacher certificate the day before so maybe that was making me excited. There are so many things that can make a class go wrong. There will always be something. The trick is to try and keep going and not let it stop you. I try to stop thinking about what is going wrong and bring the focus back to the breath.

Too hot. Tried to hard too fast. This is a half marathon not an 800 meter dash.
breathe.
Blood test yesterday. Haven't taken class in a month. Not enough water?
breathe slowly 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6...
I didn't get enough sleep, I am worried about the surgery, they are going to fill me up with CO2 like a balloon... and then make me fart on the table???
Inhale, exhale
I stayed up reading my book too late.
Breathe.
It is too hot.
Breathe.

What I really think happened, was a combination of elements. What I did was bring my focus back to my breath. I knelt down when I got dizzy and tried to at least do each side of everything, but maybe not both sets. When I would get back up, breathe, and try again... when I got dizzy and thought I would fall, I knelt again and focused on my breathing. I kept trying to get back up until I realized that I couldn't. Then, I laid on my back and breathed. Once everyone met me on the floor, where I couldn't fall, I kept going. I didn't try as hard as I wanted to. I saved some energy and focused on breathing. I finished, I staid in the class. I smiled. I kept trying.

The first thought in my mind was: I have to come back tomorrow and try again. I have to delete this class. I will let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment