Sunday, March 24, 2019

Sunday 9 - 10:30am YYoga - Power with Duncan

This was my first class with Duncan. He looks like a surfer dude and he has a good sense of humor. He makes you work hard but he reminds you not to take it too seriously. I am trying to write everything about this class but Christian won't leave me... there he goes... go play Biggio... love you. Ok where was I? This class was hard. It was the first time I didn't bring my full mat towel and I needed it. No one else had one but I am a sweaty chica. I like learning these new styles of yoga. I regret staying and giving Bikram so much dedication. I should have expanded sooner. However, I am excited for this new journey and I am grateful for the strength I have from everything that I have done and do.

My mind wandered at the end of class. I started thinking about Jonny and his mom. It scares me sometimes, the similarities I see between them. They both feel like they deserve more - feel like the world has wronged them. This reminds me of Gord. I am sure Jonny is scared about how much I am like my dad... and mom too... anyways - it was a weird thought pattern brought on by Jonny's sadness almost clinical depressive type state of stuckness he has been in. I feel like throwing him in the truck and driving somewhere - running away - but he is going to meet Nathan and we are broke. Always broke lately. I just need to travel and get away. I need to run away more often and have trips booked to look forward to... and there is nothing to look forward to right now. My only hope is that I get a job somewhere new and get out of this rut. I am happy that school is ending and that my yoga certificate is almost complete - life if going well. I just know it will be better if we have a fresh start somewhere new. New adventure time - even if it is just for a year or two and come back... or up to Squamish and traveling on every break... something needs to change for change to happen.

Oh - and I loved the wrist stretches at the start of class. I have to remember those for Break class. One hand up and one down, switch. Both together and hands down with wrists forward. Then palms down and wrists forward as you lean back on your knees and peel the hands up.

Focus: Transitions - slowly moving through. Focus on one thing you do that makes you happy - send out positive vibes. Surfing, ballet, skating... beach... sun!!! Family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment