Tuesday, June 25, 2019

End of June Update... what a semester! Let' go SUMMER!

Hi everyone... I have been SUPER BUSY this semester. I really feel like I went from one big event to the next... and I did. I am surprised how I was able to handle this semester of life. I think I have gotten a lot more chill over things, now that I am forty-five. I plan, I do my best, and I try not lose sleep over anything. (That last part doesn't always work.)

So here is my workout calendar from the last... when was the last time I really posted? Here are snap shots from March to June. (Maybe I can go back to writing more often this summer! I like after workout/class/run/skate reflection time.)

Let me see if I can go back in my memory and talk about what I have been up to and why....

March 2019 I had ten class to pass to YYoga and I had I think, a 20 class pass for Bikram Delta. I was still doing 80 Day Obsession workouts at school. I also visited Harbour for Ballet, Hip Hop, PBT, Lyrical, and Contemporary. March was a great month.
 In April, I was called in to have surgery. SO, I raced to try and use as many of my Bikram Delta classes as I could. (They had a three month expiry) I also wanted to move and do as much as I could... because I knew I wouldn't be able to do anything for a while. They said it would take me 1-2 weeks before I went back to work and 6 weeks for full recovery. In my mind, I thought, I am fit, I will recover quick and be back to everything faster than the average person. BLAHH HAA HAAA!! Was I wrong. Recovery was a B****. I couldn't sleep because the CO2 was trapped in my body and made my back ache if I didn't get up and expel gas every few hours. I had to walk circles around my apartment farting. Seems funny now... but I was a blubbering, tired, hunched, old feeling person. Just when I thought I would never dance or move normally again.. I was back... phew! I started with just yoga as I wasn't supposed to lift anything over ten pounds for 6 weeks. This is when I created my Harrison Yoga Chill class. I imagined teaching it to the kids around the pool in Harrison Hot Springs. That didn't happen. But - I love the class and I plan on filming it this week and sharing it online. I also want to do it around the city - pop up yogas! Everyone welcome.
 In May, I got back to Bikram and Hip Hop. I was gifted the Nike Apple Watch for graduation and started playing around with workouts on that app and I started running again. I love running! I hadn't run since this time last year because I got the plantar faciitis. I loved getting out on the C wall again and just making up dances in my head as I meet one, greet one, pass them... I love to race around. Thursday's were my favourite day this semester. I had my afternoon free and I was able to go to Victor's class at 1:30. Finally, I had a regular hip hop class to take. I also got to pick up Christian from school that day... mind you... all sweaty... and weirdly practicing the dance moves I just learned... but super small... so no parents noticed?? Hard to run from dance class and just stop dancing... gotta remember the moves and hum the beats... and keep getting it.... can't fight the weird. I am what I am. 

My Bikram Delta classes expired the 24th. I didn't get them all in. I was a little disappointed that I went in and had the recording being played instead of a live teacher. That happened on my birthday too - it put me in a grumpy mood. Who gets up at 5:07am to drive to Delta on their birthday to take a yoga class with a recording? LAME! If I teach at FH again next year, I will get some classes there and visit once or twice a week - it is convenient... but I will voice my opinion about the "bend like hell" Bikram recording. I can do that at school... and I don't have to get up that early. 
This month, June, I did Hip Hop, ran, 80 Day, and yoga. I don't have any yoga studio passes right now. I was going to get the ten class pack from Y again and I was also considering joining their mentorship program... but I think I am going to rent space at the Dance Centre once a week and start building my own dance company/crew; #downed. (stay tuned!) I didn't get to ballet yet - but I have classes planned for the first week of July. My achilles tendon doesn't hurt anymore - I don't know what that was about... back in March... but I haven't been to ballet since then. I miss it.

I tried a coached run through the Nike app that I liked: Level Up, Level Down. It was speed training. It pooped me right out. I plan on trying more of those this summer. I will try to write about each of those after I do them, so I have a record of which ones I liked.
As for summer, I want to keep doing it all. I will bring home my weights, sliders, and bands from school and do 80 Day on my patio. I will do yoga on my patio and around the city with friends. I will dance at Harbour as much as I can. I will run around the C wall and through Stanley Park. I will still film my Dance365 and make my videos... almost everyday.... I want to meet with dance friends at the Dance Centre once a week and collaborate... into creation of something new. Life is good! The goal: to stay fit, happy, and healthy so that when I retire at my surfing beach... I can still have the strength to surf! ONE DAY.. the dream will be real.

Have an awesome summer everyone - happy everythinging!

No comments:

Post a Comment