Monday, July 1, 2019

Monday, July 1, 2019: Run with Lopez 1


I felt like running for the last week but have been busy with the 72D7, and walking down to the Inukshuk at different times of the day, to dance and also the last week of school. But now, school is over and I am FREE! YAY!! However, two days ago, I was trying a Nike training workout and it had dynamic hip stretches at the start and I thought it was going to buzz me to change to the next exercise and it didn't. I saw the number twelve and thought it was weird to do this same thing for twelve minutes of a twenty minute workout but... I wasn't really thinking... so I did... and I am pretty sure I overstretched my right hip flexor. ALSO that day, I sat in the park in a double pigeon while Biggy played... that may have also overstretched it... anyways... I woke up with a limpy right hip Sunday morning. This morning, it was there but not as bad, I still wanted to run.. so I ran... I just ran slow and easy pace. I noticed by right ankle had a crick in it too and I had to stop and rotate it a few times... but I kept going. 

As I was leaving my building, connecting the Bluetooth for my headphones, and putting on my run playlist - I realized my run playlist wasn't on my watch. All that was available was the 72D7 tracks. I went to Spotify and was going to try that but remember that the last time I did that it played through my phone and woke up the whole house... because my phone is at home... and the boys were asleep.  I had also downloaded and was planning on running with the Coached Run with Nike Run Club: Run with Lopez Part 1. This would be my second coached run. The first one I played music and there was some talking... this one was more of a story and what an enthralling story. I didn't even notice I was running. But, I had to try and control my emotions, because I was imagining my son, age six being stolen by rebel soldiers in Somolia. It was a beautiful sunny day, I ran an easy pace, and just tried not to cry on the c wall as I went. No music is necessary for this coached run and I can't wait to run again tomorrow to hear the next part of the story. If you felt like running longer than thirty minutes, you can just press the next run and it tells you how to do that at the end of part one. (Just make sure you have it downloaded before you leave the house.) 

Happy Canada Day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment