Wednesday, February 14, 2018

80 Day Obsession Phase 1 DONE!

Happy Valentine's Day!

I am taking a break from reading to write and reflect about the first phase of 80 Day Obsession, as I have been reading for a large portion of the day and information is not going in as easy as it was. I have decided to write in sections with different topics as titles, so you can skip to what you are most interested in, if you are pressed for time, as I am. This will also help me when I want to reference back to certain areas.

Important People

My husband

I didn't tell my husband what I had signed up for right away. I was afraid he would make fun of me or say that I didn't need to do this, that what I already do is enough. I am not going to say he hasn't made fun of me, but I am going to say that he has been pretty supportive of my choice. He has mentioned words like cult and questioned who makes an arbitrary amount of eighty days? He has also suggested that I am probably going to gain weight, as I am eating more than I used to. HOWEVER, he has also gone grocery shopping for me, made special dinners for me and scooped portions out for me. I realize that he is sneaking more vegetables in for me and adding sauces that aren't on any list, but I also realize that I need to compromise in order to make this a workable / livable lifestyle change. It isn't realistic for me to think I can go to work all day and have him make me an entirely special meal. I am able to control everything I eat all day and at dinner time, he does an awesome job of succumbing to the cult like needs of my timed nutrition. 

Elulu 

Elulu is one of my first students at Frank Hurt Secondary. Her and her crew, pretty much taught me how things happen at Frank Hurt and high school dance competitions. Again, she is leading me into a new world, one not as scary as high school, but one filled with as much reward for hard work as teaching high school. Since last year, I have watched her journey and thought that I would join her when I had enough time. She has been inspirational, motivational, and empowering to herself and others and I am super stoked to be apart of these real, amazing, supportive humans. What human doesn't need a supportive network? 

Nutrition 

Once I wrapped my head around the timed nutrition, I loved it. I decided to eat the same thing everyday except for dinner. This made grocery shopping and meal prep for the week easier. I did not receive the challenge pack right away, so I didn't have the Shakeology, Recover, or Energize. I also did not have the measuring containers. This was good because I now know that I can do it with or without the assistance of these products. I told myself, this is awesome, I don't need that other stuff. However, once I tried the other stuff, I loved it and I look forward to having it. I do not use the supplements everyday. I keep them at school. (Maybe to prevent being made fun of at home?) I don't use the Recover and Energize everyday, because I don't plan on buying it all the time, but I do look forward to the days when I get the extra treats. 

I did not feel hungry or have cravings the first three weeks except for right before I fell asleep because that is three hours after my last meal. The third week, when we started working even harder, I started to feel more hungry. I am hungry now too - but maybe that is because I danced more today and used up more fuel. I am in the first week of phase two now and I am really craving Dr. Pepper and chips... and my gas tank is empty... which means... I have to stop at the gas station where the chips and pop are and I really want them! 

Workouts 

I love music but for the first week I did not use music with my warm-ups. I just listened to Autumn and let her coach me through the movements with the proper technique. I added music after that first week, while still keeping her voice audible. That was more fun for sure. 

I love having different workouts everyday and I love the progression of the workouts. They are really amazing. I find the workouts to be a good level for me, they are just the right amount of challenging and right when I get something, I know Autumn will make it more challenging. 

I am thankful for the Frank Hurt dance studio. I am blessed to get to work here and do my workouts in the studio. On the weekends, I work out in our condo's gym or in my condo, depending on what the boys are doing. (sleeping?) 

I also do hot yoga three times a week and try to dance at Harbour once a week. 

Improvements 

Ok, I am not perfect. I have done pretty good, but I have done some cheating. During that third week, when I started to be more hungry, Christian's crusts and leftovers started looking really good. I am the dish cleaner, so they were just there, why waste food? So, ya, I ate a few kid leftovers. I am going to try and be more vigilant about that during phase two. I also screwed up my containers a couple of times when trying to figure out what to eat when Jonny orders sushi. I ate a yam roll on brown rice thinking yam was a vegetable but then realized that is two yellows. (and deep fried.) Now, I have cucumber roll or tomago. Compromise - our family loves their sushi! 

Results 

I did my measurements Sunday before phase two started. I wasn't feeling that good on Sunday. I was a little bloaty. But, it said that I was down two pounds and six inches. I weighed myself again this morning because I felt skinny and I am down to 153. That means, I have lost ten pounds since I started with A Little Obsessed five weeks ago. That is pretty awesome. I am happy and proud and I am looking forward to making this part of my life forever. I love the people, I love the workouts, and I love the timed nutrition. But, don't get me wrong, I am also going to live and enjoy once in a while because that is ok. Obsessed but not a cult. hahaha! 

Final Thoughts 

I am already thinking about what program I will try after this one is over. Will I do another round of 80 Day Obsession or try something new that I haven't tried yet?  Now, back to my reading for school.










No comments:

Post a Comment