Monday, December 7, 2009

Monday 6pm Jazz with Kevin Tookey - James Morrison - Better Man


Wow - this was a great class. I was debating whether to go to yoga instead but I am sure glad I chose dance. Kevin taught us at Groove Street this year too - he was the one who talked about plyometrics.

Anywho his warm up was cool. We started laying on the floor. We swayed back and forth and then knee to side squish then roll over around and back down and repeat. We swayed side to side and stretched back and forward. We did some sun salutations. We did pushups: 4 fast side plank repeat 2 in 4 side plank repeat other side then 1 in 8 counts side plank repeat... ow!!!

We did one big, long across the floor that was really fun!! Let's see if I can remember it: plie in second chaine 2 3 plie turn the other direction 5 6 7 8 extend left leg facing back pitched attitude to ground and roll back up facing back going back the way you came soutenu plie soutenu plie chaine turning jete bent back leg russian pas de chat weird old school hip turn pas de bourre behind turning to FREE Jump... YA!! FUN.. we only had time to do the right side. I should practice that one in my studio!!

Then we did the combo - A Better Man by James Morrison - slow 3/ 4 counting in 6s. I am downloading the music and I will try it out tomorrow in my spare!!

K... Shower and bedtime!!

No comments:

Post a Comment