Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thursday 6pm Hot with Christine

I am going to set an intention for tonight's class and write about it later.
Hmmm.. I am going to make this fun.. I am going to google search yoga intentions... hahaha.. WOW - I didn't know there were things more important than just holding the bow the whole time or not drinking any water during class.. or getting rid of the fuzz~!!

Here is my intention for today:

Yoga Lesson: Non-Violence
Ahimsa is the yogic practice of non-violence, which includes physical, mental, and emotional violence towards others and ourselves. Viewed in this broad context, ahimsa can be a challenging and overwhelming practice to take on, as we humans seem to have a knack for creating judgment, criticism, anger or irritation. Fortunately we can easily apply the concept of ahimsa on our yoga mats by practicing mindfulness and compassion towards ourselves

I guess - for me I can take this as... not judging the person in class who makes noise or leaves the room - just let it go. AND.. for me personally to be happy with my body. This will be a hard one for me to try.. what is the word again... AHIMSA.. GOT IT!

1 comment:

  1. http://www.yogabasics.com/explore/yoga-lessons/
    in case I forget!!!

    ReplyDelete