Thursday, December 2, 2010

Thursday 6-7:30 Hot Yoges - Christine

Today I imagined my breathing going in like a knife and cutting away the thick feeling from my ankle then I would blow all that thickness out - breathe in and shave it down skinnier - breathe out all of the thickness. I also imagined Jonny not being able to sleep and making him do yoga breathing. Then I thought how creepy that is and maybe just a back rub and change the nightmares.

I worked with my ankle before and after class today. I think it is getting a little bendier. Not much. Slow and easy.

A lot of people were leaving the yoga class today. Once one goes everyone thinks it is ok to go. Christine asked them not to go during postures but between them for safety reasons but no one listened. It was getting out of hand and I was getting frustrated. She then spoke of focusing on ourselves and ignoring distractions. I needed that.

I smiled a lot in class today. I want to be the happy yogi. Everyone is so serious in class. Smiling makes it easier. You can still smile and try hard. I was the only one smiling.

I think I want to google how to do postures better. Maybe I can pick one a week and look up how advanced people do it and then work on it. I want corrections. I want improvement. I guess I will start now.. and at the beginning... I kind of want to start with camel though. So.. I will. I am sick of doing things in order.

Camel:

Type of pose: Backbend
Benefits: Stretches the front of the body including the chest, abdomen, and quadriceps. Improves spinal flexibility.
Instructions:
1. Come up onto your knees. Take padding under your knees if they are sensitive.
2. Draw your hands up the side of your body as you start to open your chest.
3. Reach your hands back one at a time to grasp your heels.
4. Bring your hips forward so that they are over your knees.
5. Let your head come back, opening your throat.
Beginners: Curl your toes under and come to the balls of your feet if you cannot reach your heels when the feet are flat, or use blocks on either side of your feet.
Advanced: Try taking hold of opposite ankles. 

 There is the ticket! I am going to try to hold opposite ankles! Why didn't I think of using the internet to try new things before???

No comments:

Post a Comment