Tuesday, August 31, 2010

6am Hot Yoges - Patricia - FIRST CLASS BACK!


I did it! I went to yoga! I woke up extra early because it takes me a long time to walk. I got up at 5:30am. I walked down to yoga in the pouring rain. I told Patricia my ankle story as soon as I got in. She has also broken both of her ankles so she is sympathetic. She also understands how much I can do. I asked her at the end if she thought I was overdoing it and she said no. (That is what my family is always worried about - me doing too much - but I am not. I am being good. I am listening to my body.) One thing she did tell me to watch out for is not to overuse the good leg. If I can't do it on one side I shouldn't be doing it on the other side.

Danielle - tall, tattoo girl - was in the change room. I told my story again. I've noticed the most common thing I say when I tell the story is, "It could have been worse."

I was the first one in the studio. I set up my mat and lied down trying not to look in the mirror. I am now a back, left corner girl. No more standing in the front row for me for a while. (I can't believe I am going to say this - but I wish I had my hearing aids - hahaha)

Patricia gave me alternate positions to do. Now I can go to anyone's class and be able to do my own version of class. I could not do utkatasana. When I stand with my feet hip width apart I can't bend my knees much because my left foot just won't bend. Weird. So, I just held it where I could squishing my abs as hard as I could and avoiding eye contact with the mirror. For one legged exercises I kept my toes on the floor. For standing bow she gave me a hip flexor stretch in a knee lunge with arm up and back bend. Balasana - sitting on your knees and going forward - I couldn't go forward but I practiced sitting on my knees stretching out the front of my ankle. During the downward dog section I went to my knees for the plank.

I basically did level one yoga and it felt great to be sweating and doing something. I plan to go every morning - wait.. is this a challenge? Hmmm... That would make me happy! Let me check the calendar...I am going to do a 40 day challenge! From today till October 9th. Then - I will be FIT AGAIN! (Anyone want to join me... JEN?)

No comments:

Post a Comment