Friday, February 21, 2014

Friday 9:35 - 1:30 Ya… We Dance!

I taught the warm-up. I did the first two songs of my warm-up that I do at school. Then I took three classes.

First class: Melissa Medalla teaching Grooving.
This was a fun class. Melissa had a good game that I can use in class. After you teach some of the grooves (Biz Markie, Kid n' Play, Wop, Running Man, Cabbage Patch, Humpty Hump - those are all I can remember right now) You make a party atmosphere and move around the space until she calls out a groove and then you dance with the people you are near. Sometimes she will tap someone and they have to call out a groove. And, sometimes she will yell out random movements that you gotta do. It was fun.

Second Class: Victor Tran teaching Break
I learned a new move in this class but I can't remember what it is called. I went up into a handstand and cross your legs together and twist your body. And he taught us how to get into it from the ground.
He also taught a little choreo with swipes and changing knees and turning on the knees.

Third Class: Navid Charkhi teaching Hip Hop
This one was my favourite. It was a smooth piece that had slow and quick parts. It flowed super nice and felt good to do. It made me miss Harbour. I gotta get back there! (if I can move this weekend! I am sure I will be feeling all of this tomorrow.)

No comments:

Post a Comment