Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Tuesday 10 - 10:30ish Surf Zuma (5 waves)

Like yesterday there were some big sets out there today. I went out and tried to avoid the huge walls of closing out water. 

I caught one wave right away and thought that maybe the big waves weren't there today - but they were. There were a couple of kids surfing close to me and they seemed to have the same avoidance technique as me. 

While I was waiting for a big set to crash through a sea lion popped his head up and looked at me. He was right next to me and it took my brain a minute to register that there was a sea lion next to me. And then, he was gone off down the way - popping up every now and then to see what was going on. That was kind of cool. 

Five waves total today - then I got out to check on the boys and it seemed time to go. Again, I look forward to when the boys are surfing with me. Or even, being able to spend more time on the beach - Jonny said he is going to get a suit and board and try again next year. Maybe we will get a little baby board too! haha - that will be cute :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment