Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Wednesday 6 - 7:30am Bikram Cambie - Mari

Today was a better class than Monday by far but I wouldn't say I had a good class. The place was packed! There had to have been almost fifty people in class this morning. It looked more like a 6:15pm class as opposed to a 6am class. That always makes it hotter.

I got 1/4 for my standing bows. I almost got 2 but I couldn't hold the last ten seconds. I tried!!

I missed one balancing stick.

I missed one left triangle.

I missed one camel.

I drifted off into thinking about English 9 and how I was going to deal with behaviour issues like lates. I thought about positive reinforcement and rewarding good behaviour with some sort of game. I think I am going to make some J Fresh money and attach money to 100% and outstanding work as well as award the class money when everyone is in attendance and not late. Money can be spent to buy free time for the class or a class game - or the students can pool their money together and work together to achieve a bigger goal like a class treat or pizza or party class. I am still working out details in my head - but I think it could be fun and motivational. I know we did something like this in  French immersion. I will talk to Carrie about it today - she will have some ideas. The thing is… it is one of those things that will have a lot of kinks to start and would get ironed out over the years. It would be nice to have the chance to teach this class again and get the kinks ironed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment