Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday 9:30 - 11:00am Bikrams Cambie - Tanya

This was my first time at the new Cambie studio. It is beautiful!! It is on the lower floor of the City Square mall. There is free parking. The change room has many bench, cubby, hook areas - so much so that I almost had one all to myself! There are hair dryers! (Not that I am going to stick around and shower and primp - run home and do it at home - but nice if I were to go on the way to going to school or something else.)

The studio has speakers and the teacher wears a mic so I could hear really well. 

Tanya is just as awesome - if not more awesome. She told a story during svasana about getting her picture taken during standing separate leg head to knee pose. She sent the picture to one of the winners of the past yoga competitions and learned to keep it simple. If she had just opened her legs a bit wider she could have gotten her head to her knee. I learned that in Bikrams Bali last summer. I think that is what she was saying. That is what I heard anyways. I missed her stories. 

I didn't do as awesome as I would have wanted to do seeing Tanya for the first time but I kept on trucking. I did have to take some breaks. I was hot and getting dizzy. I did all that I could. I am looking forward to going back on Wednesday before Chronic Taco with Sam's fam. 

I thought about Carrie and I doing yoga in this studio. 

AND... did I see Shirley's Lisa in class???

No comments:

Post a Comment