Saturday, June 1, 2013

Saturday Run 18 Km, 1H 45 Mins


I wanted to remember three things from my run... it is a few hours later... but let's see if I can remember them. 

1. At Jherico there was an Asian family that had set up for a party. They had a tarp ready to go up and a table with a rice cooker. It was about ten in the morning and they had the best spot - close to the washrooms, on the grass, and the beach right there. I was thinking that this is what I want to do for my birthday next year. I want a family day at the beach. No fancy restaurant. A nice beach chill day. Weather permitting of course. It is too bad the boy's birthday is the end of November. It would be a good birthday party space for him too!! 

2. I saw a dad changing a boy about one year old on the grass. He had just opened the diaper and it looked like he had had carrots... a lot of them! Gross. The loads we have to look forward to. Notice it was the dad changing the diaper.

3. My feet hurt. Blisters. I have to get running socks and gel for my water this week. I shouldn't have tried to pumice the calluses yet. Don't touch your feet until after the race. 

When I got home I was so sore. I started off sore before from dance on Friday. I got out of the shower and laid on the bed and I could hardly get up. Next week I am going to move my run to Sunday. The race is on a Sunday so it will be better for my body to get used to running Sunday morning. That will also give me a day off between dance and running. The week of the race I won't take that Friday class at all. 

20 km next week.. then taper.. then RACE! Almost done! I can't wait!! Then... no more challenges.. just enjoy life and dance, yoga, and run when I want!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment