Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Wednesday Run 6.2 Km, 32:25 Mins

Today I tried something new for speed training. I tried Tabata training. This is eight, twenty second intervals with ten second breaks in between. I made a mix of music that gave me five minutes to warm-up then a Tabata track, another five minute run, and another Tabata track, and then music to run back.

This was hard but I can see how it works. I was out of breath and I was unable to complete all eight intervals. I missed the sixth one on the first track and the forth and seventh on the second. I took the extra time to breather.

I am going to add this into my work outs at school for the kids... not with running.. but with abs or push ups or something. It will be awesome. I was thinking of adding it into the normal warm-up but I think it should be something that we do once a week... not every day. It is draining and if you don't give it your all it is a waste of time. Whereas if you try your hardest you will gain great results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment