Saturday, August 11, 2012

Friday Run 4.7 km, 27:58 mins - Carrie and Annina

We ran by Rainbow park - Alta Lake in Whistler. The trail is cement. This was my first run since I have been sick and it sucked. I had tied my car key to my right shoe. I don't know if this had anything to do with it but my right shin was feeling like a shin splint the whole run. It got to the point that I could hear that right foot pounding on the cement louder than the other foot. A small crack in the cement almost rolled my right ankle. The whole lower leg just felt like it was working too hard and it was getting weaker the farther we went. We were set to run a 6km. The last 2km I told myself I could do it - it is just 2km left. Just keep moving. (As Annina sprinted up and down side hills like she was snowboarding along the trail.) I finally told them to keep running and I stopped. I walked the rest of the way and I while walking I thought that the shin wasn't going to relax but eventually it did. I did stop to untie the key - just in case the extra weight on the one foot was the difference. I mean - that is the only difference I could think of between why one would hurt and one wouldn't. But - I always tie my house key to my shoe at home.. but it is lighter than the car key. I don't know. IT just wasn't my day for a run... and being sick and pregnant.. just made it harder. The next run I do.. will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment