Saturday, August 25, 2012

Saturday 10:15-11:15 Yoges - Derek

There were only three people in class today. The sun is shining and summer isn't over! (Last week of summer ...It went so FAST! But I only have to work 2.5 more months and I get a YEAR OFF! Jonny's turn!)

Anywho, there were some good exercises in yoges today that I was thinking I could use in my new warm-up. Let's see if I can remember them.

1. I think I will do spine stretching lying on the back - and incorporate the stretching of the outside of the leg - I can really feel that pull when I stretch - so I am sure it will really hurt the kids. I did add that stretch in to one of my random warm ups last June and there was some good groaning coming from the kids. We gotta get those muscles stretched out so that there are no more groans.

2.  Downward dog heel stretching. Start by bending the right leg and then extending it behind and placing the toe nail on the ground. Try to get the left heal on the ground. If it doesn't touch the ground - (mine does now!!! It didn't with the screw in it.. but it does now!) bend the left knee and have foot on demi-pointe lean hips forward and then press back and straighten. Repeat with the other side. This feels good all the way into the but if you really try.

3. Bridges with 5 count roll downs - feels good in the upper back - wing area.

4. Warrior 2's to warrior 1's -

5. Sitting - right leg in front of left leg - not crossed but one in front of the other bent. Right arm forward , chest up and left arm pressing down left knee. Both arms forward on finger tips, left elbow down, right elbow down, head down. Repeat other side.

6. I can't remember the name - but you have right leg bent in front and left leg to the back and straight - works the hips.

OK... that is enough... time to run! 

No comments:

Post a Comment