Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Tuesday 12 - 1:30 Contemporary Jazz - Julio

The silence continues! After silent yoga class - I forgot my hearing aides when I went to dance. I also forgot them the last Sunday when I went to ballet. So, I stared akwardly, watched for cues, and asked people questions.

We started laying on the floor, breathing, engaging different parts of our cores.

Warm-up - Black and Gold still in rotation.

ATF: Improv with verbs. Let's see if I can remember the list we did: bounce, spiral, rebound, stab, ooze, shoot. I liked shoot - I ran straight across the floor like a bullet.

Choreo: I didn't know the song. Boom... da da... rhythm. A lot of floor... almost all floor actually. I needed more space - I was standing in my usual spot (I know... I should move around - but I couldn't hear... and it is close to the music and the teacher.) - the choreo travels right - so I had to either dance into the wall or move. I moved. It was still too squishy to do all together. I was holding on and grasping for group time - we got it... and that was way better. I almost got it in time with the music. Down, back up, down, back up, cabriole facing tummy to the ground to end... more like a temps leve.... THEN, he said - everyone one last time... so I joined everyone.. and BAM! A tall human smoked me in the jaw with her foot. She said sorry - but I totally understand - tall human problems. She took me out though. I tried to keep going.. but was too disorientated. Dance is dangerous.

It was a definite knee pad day. Love those Capezio gel knee pads!

No comments:

Post a Comment