Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Wednesday 10 - 11:30 Ballet - WenWei

I had a nightmare last night and couldn't get back to sleep - so I skipped 6am yoga. Whatever - it is the holidays!

Ballet with WenWei was flowing like water. Constant reminders to people in class to ground and relax the shoulders, long neck, loose but strong. It reminded me of this summer when I took his Qi Gong class at Way out West.

I do have one complaint, I am not sure if it was my brain shutting off or him speeding up to fit in the last few exercises, but I did not get the second petit allegro. He was marking it and not saying the steps... and I just couldn't figure out what he was doing. The first one and the grande allegro - no problem... just that second one... tripped me up. There is nothing like grand allegro - I wish we had more time to do more of them. It feels so free.

AND, I am still the goofy smiling person enjoying class. There was one other smiler today, Ralph. Why so serious ballet dancers? Enjoy the movement, the struggles and the successes.

No comments:

Post a Comment