Friday, July 5, 2019

Fri, July 5, 2019: Modern w/ Kevin Bergsma

When: Friday, July 5, 2019 10-11:30
Where: Harbour Dance Centre
What: Modern (yoga, qi gong, focus on the breath, movement that tells a story/use of imagery)
Level: Open - accessible to all - this would be a great class for my students to take if they were interested in trying something new. I left the class feeling grounded, calm, and peaceful.

Link to website
First part of class was walking, breathing, yoga.
Second part was feet and tendus.
Next we went across the floor and then connected all the parts to make one long ATF.
Short combo with a story line.
One final cool down ATF: 5 mannequins, 3 flamingos, and the beach.

It was a pleasant class. I was going to take ballet but decided to take Modern - then when I got there and saw there was only one other person in Modern - I thought maybe I would take ballet - but decided to stick to my plan and I am glad I did. I will take ballet next week when I can drop in during summer school.

No comments:

Post a Comment