Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Wed. July 3, 2019: Hip Hop w/ Stu

Biggy's first attempt at sitting at Harbour. He did it. I got him a new game on his Ipad and he was sadly glued to the screen for the entire hour. He had grapes and water and I only noticed him move when a grape rolled onto the floor.

Stu is such an amazing teacher. Why? He took a simple choreo and taught the moves in sections always referring to shapes. He goes over the connections between chunks. He gives corrections and pointers to everyone - I really think everyone got a one-on-one pointer to make their movements cleaner. He gave  level options - how to smooth the shapes together and add your own style. He broke down the three main points he was trying to address and he demonstrated. It was the fullest chill class you could have. You know? So much but so laid back and smooth. I hope I get to take his class again this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment