Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Monday 8-9pm Hot Yoges - Verena - Sophie!!

I like Verena but I don't like her teaching style. She basically sat down before class and told everyone how hard her job is. How when she was a yoga student she thought it would be easy but how now that she is teaching 17 classes a week she wants to kill people. WHAT? Who does that? Probably something my big mouth would do actually. hahaha.

Sophie came to class. She says that she is going to stay at my studio after her pass runs out. She also told me she got another coupon for the gun range. hahaha.. she is crazy! I said if she couldn't find anyone to go with I would lend her my dad. She didn't really like Verena either.

Verena had a tough go though. It is hard to teach yoga when you can't even move in the studio. There were way too many people in class last night. We were packed in like sardines where even staggering couldn't help you. I feel like this is a really raw deal for the students that have been here for a long time and are paying the big bucks for the pass every month. We can't change, we can't pee, we can't shower, we can't get a good class in. I love it that so many people are trying yoga and I hope that some of the committed ones stay but it is totally not cool.

Emma has recently started yoga. She asked me if I get annoyed with the people who lift their legs real high even though they are out of alignemnent and they get the smug looks on their face... do I hate that. I do. But I know their legs are out of alignment and they are doing it wrong. I try to situate myself around people that try hard and give off positive vibes. You start to get to know your yogis and know who is annoying or gives you competitive vibes and who smiles and helps you to do better. Who breathes on you.. who fidgets... who doesn't do the exercises properly and does them in ways that look like they might hurt themselves but don't care because they think that is the right way... who leave to get water... who talk with their neighbours before and after class... who sigh loudly... who make bedroom noises... ya.. there are a lot of annoying people in yoga and I am sure that some people find me annoying... but try to ignore and focus on self improvement.. don't care what others think and try not to think of others. I think that is a good yoga goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment