Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday 8-9:30am Hot Yoges - Sarah

OK! Today at the end of class I tried to make myself remember all the things that I wanted to write down. I took the day off from school today so I have time to write. It was awesome to sleep in a bit and to take a class that wasn't packed! First.. my injury report: Ankle - it is still not bending in awkward. At the end of class I used my mat strap to pull my ankle back and then I figured out a nice squat position that stretches out that stubborn part. I am going to do that squat thing as much as I can.. trying to bend that ankle back. Left hip flexor: This is not hurting as much. Triangle is also getting easier on the left side. Right hamstring: Amazingly this is feeling much better. I noticed a difference at the YA... We Dance! Convention last Friday. All week when I have done warm-ups with the kids my flexibility is noticeably improved.

Now here is my new goal for yoga classes: Try not to think. Try to go back to my breath. At the end of class I laid there and tried to remember all of my thoughts and there were more than 11. I will go through them now. My goal is to have five thoughts and soon just breathe. Bring the thoughts back to my breath every time they start to wander. I think way too much!

1. The guy next to me was coughing so I thought about a barrier around my body. I imagined the germs deflecting then disintegrating powerlessly. This thought popped back every time he coughed. I like that dude though. The little short balding guy that always wears a tank top. BUT.. he does make me feel like an ogre cause he is so little.

2. breath is healing. Each time I breathe I am healing my body and making it stronger.

3. I thought about chicken curry in the slow cooker. How I might go and get the stuff I need from the store today and make it today. I could freeze the stuff I don't eat for next week. Or.. .but I might just wait to cook on Monday. I am going to have a healthy eating week again next week. Back into the game plan. I was doing so well eating well balanced.. and now I am back to carbs and cheese. NOT good! BUt.. when you are sick.. .you just want what is comforting... and now I am better.. so back on track!

4. Towel hoodies - I should actually start sewing those today.

5. Shoppers Drug Mart - I need to get face wash, floss, and vitamins - I don't want to get a cold!!!

6. I thought about writing this blog way too much.

7. My Bali ring - how MOD surf is closed now. I wonder if they will reopen when the economy is better?

8. My new surf board. Surfing in Mexico with or without it. Having it in my room. The cold water surf weekend coming up with Emma... and wishing the surfing part was done.. cause it is cold.. but knowing that once I am out in the water I will be happy.

9. Ashley - the new teacher from White Rock behind me. No towel on her mat. Bad technique. Weird closed mouth breathing like the end of ghostbusters possessed breathing. Anorexic but boobs - White Rock look?

10. I thought of Emma in yoga ...

K.. bored of writing now.. as you can see.. so much pointless thought.. I need to just release my brain and tell myself to focus on my breathing. No planning my meals or my day.. or thinking about what I am going to remember to write in my blog. BREATHE.

1 comment: