Friday, May 31, 2013

Friday 12:00 - 1:30 Contemporary Jazz - Julio



I love this class. It was good to be back. I didn't do the splits on the left side - protect that hammy!

Julio did some crazy plank today: start on hands - elbow, elbow, hand, hand, hand out, other hand joins, lift hand and lower, and lift and lower other side.
My abs are so weak - I couldn't go either the speed he was going or as many. I look forward to getting more and more ab strength back. This would be a good one to put into my warm-up for next year.

Julio used one's of Jonny's favourite things to describe how not to do a move that he choreographed - those car sale arm dancing wind things. That made me think of Jonny and smile.

A quotation: "Follow your heart, not your ego... "
He said this when giving two different jump choices. I always have to remember to do this in this class!!

AND.. the choreo was fast, breathtaking and fun. I am sure I could look better if we did it next class too.

I saw Melissa as I was going into class. She was going to a Soul... something... rehearsal. (Next level up from Souljas) It was good to see her. Frank Hurt represent! 

No comments:

Post a Comment