Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sunday 12km - Week 13 - Head of the Herd.. ya HEARD?

13.18km
1:10:48 mins
5:21 min/km
990 cals

I know that today was an easy run. A 12km . Next week will be the real test. Nonetheless, I had an awesome run. I stayed at the head of the herd the entire time and I even finished first. I had tons of energy and I felt great. WOW! I can't believe it. I only had two beers yesterday. I have medium cramps and am out of advil.. .going to get some now. I had a few sips of my gatorade. I had one and a half pieces of toast with peanut butter and water at 7:50. I puked in my mouth and swallowed it. EW! I gotta eat my toast a little earlier or just have one piece. I thought a lot about my cadence and when we did hills I pushed my chest forward. I really focused on my posture. I took cues from others. When I saw them slouch I would correct my own posture. I can't believe how good I felt.

The one bad thing is my new water belt. I got a large because they didn't have any mediums left and I can't make it go tight enough. I tried to wear it on my hips but it kept riding up. For the first twenty minutes I was fussing with it. Then, it seemed to stay. I guess I will give it another go next week. I think I just have to get used to wearing it and figure out how it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment