Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Speed - 4 quick runs - Week 9

3.96 km
20:38 mins
5:12 min/km
297 cal

Well - we did speed training instead of hills today. First we had a talk on over training. Who would do that? I thought of some people that I used to know at the gym - like that really skinny, blonde woman. She was sick. She definitely over trained. I train hard but I play hard and I work hard... and I try to rest too!! I don't think I could ever go that crazy! I like to chill and sleep and read!!

Anywho, after that exciting and LONG talk we ran slowly to Coal Harbour. We ran to the silver house on sticks. Our goal was to work on our cadence. Cadence is a term often used for bikers - how many pedals you do. Same thing for running - how many times you turn your feet over or how many times you step. To go faster you want to do more steps not increase the length of your step. So. we would run back and forth down this one sidewalk... by the Olympic barge - past Caderos - anywho - she would call out 1 minute and we would run and count our steps. The goal is to get 180 in a minute and then keep running to the end and wait for everyone. We did this four times and each time you were supposed to try and get 3 or 4 more steps in the minute. I was at 200 by the time we were done unless I can't count!! hahaha!! It is hard to count and run... She said if you are at 180 your goal is to keep it there. You aren't going to run the whole run like this anyways... but it will make you faster!

I met a nice girl on our slow run back. She is a snowboarder and she tried surfing in Costa Rica. She just got back from SunPeaks and managed to do her runs while she was away on a tread mill and she also had a hot tub with beer waiting for her. If she can do it on a mountain.. I can do it on a boat!! hahaha!! AND.. if I miss a few runs.. I don't care.. I will still do fine in the race!! No worries!! BE HAPPY!! (Right mom??!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment