Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wednesday 6km Steady - Week 9 - My first mosquito bite?

6.21 km
34:08 mins
5:29 min/km
466 cals

Hey! I had a great run today. I got home at 5:30 and the sun was still shining - yes.. I have made it through another dark season. I rejoice and smile at the sun as I run. WOO HOO!!!

My left big toe did a ow - about four times. Just one ow.. then... a few kms later another one. Nothing big just noting it for the furture!

So??? My mosquito story?? You want it? OK!! Here it is!! Yesterday I looked up the travel warnings for Ecuador. Of course there is a section on Malaria and mosquitoes. Then last night I had this dream where I was swimming in a pool and the whole top layer of the pool was mosquitoes all dead.. or sleeping... I was trying not to open my mouth as I pierced my head through the water. Ewww!!! They all started to wake up.. zombie mosquitoes!! So.. I ducked under and tried to swim to get out of the pool.. but for some reason I had to go the whole length of the pool underwater.. and I was holding my breath.. and didn't want to take my deep breath too soon.. for fear of sucking in zombie mosquitoes and have them bite my tongue!!

Then today, I ran across the Cambie bridge and on the other C wall and just past Granville Island there are these condos that have this stagnant pond in front of them. Very pretty. All I was thinking was... that must be awful in the summer for mosquitoes and I kept on running. I ran back home across the Burrard street bridge.

When I got out of the shower I was scratching my leg. I looked at what I was scratching and it is a mosquito bite! I put the afterbite on it and that was that. But.. I can't help thinking.. could this be spring break forshadowing? Is this an evil sign that I am going to be bitten by a zombie mosquito??? I better take good care to use my bug spray and stay safe!! Cause I got the warning and I need to heed it!

hahahahahahaahaha!!

Bring on the hills tomorrow!! I am ready for ya!!

No comments:

Post a Comment