Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Tuesday 7km Steady - Week 12


Here is the new one that I will be sporting this Sunday... although I might not need it for Sunday.. cause we are only doing a 12km. I think I will use it anyways.. cause I have it! I gotta get used to the thing. 
7 km
36:21 mins
5:10 min/km
527 cals

Today was supposed to be my 5km tempo but I switched it to do my 7 steady because tomorrow I am taking the kids to Harbour. I kinda run this one like a tempo though. I felt like I was cruising. I could my cheeks blush up and sting with redness and salt.

For this run I tried to focus on my cadence. I was trying to do more steps. I noticed on Sunday that our leader was taking a lot more steps than me and I was trying to match him then. When I get tired I want to step less and lengthen my stride but that is going to defeat my purpose. I must remember more steps will make me go faster and will not tire out my big muscles as much. I tried just counting my steps in my head and making them go to the beat of the songs. I was listening to Jay's Tribe Tribute and MOP Tribute. Tribe had a good underlying beat for all of their songs which kept my feet moving. MOP was noticeabley slower and I think when I look on the NIKE thing I will see that is where I slowed down.

OH- water belt update. I took mine back to the Denman store today on the way home from school because this is the day that I get out early! (on time for most people - early for me!) They didn't have a four bottle in medium or large. I didn't lie about using it.. he just asked that I switch my bottles. I was glad about that. He found one at the Granville and Broadway store and drove over there... circling the blocks to find a spot to park. $0.45 got me 13 minutes in the meter!! What a deal! Anywho, I got the belt there and some gus and jelly beans and some glide stuff to put in between my thighs for when I wear my shorts. I had some nasty rubbage on my 12km in Quitto. It is so cool that I ran there!! Thanks g(j!!) for being so supportive.

OK.. one more errand for the day: Return my camera at Future Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment