Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday 6 - 8/400 Hills - Week 12 - Happy Birthday Carrie!!!

7.42 km
40:42 mins
5:28 mins/km
558 cals

Today we had a speaker who talked with us about motivation and training. I related it to how I used to tell myself that I loved adage even though it was my least favourite part of ballet class. You have to remind yourself that breathing hard is normal not a reason to quit. Hills are your friend because training hard and suffering will make you stronger. Normal people don't push themselves because it is uncomfortable. Exceptional people push themselves because they can and it is easy once you have done it once you know you can do it - build a strong foundation in your training and you will continue to grow. She also suggested created a short mantra to tell yourself when you are running. Eye of the tiger? I love hills. Easy, short reminders that you can do it!

We did hill training today. I love hills! Hahaha! I really do though. We did 8 hills and I was the third one done so she made us early finishers go back down and run someone up. So... I did nine hills. I felt good. I remembered my technique with the pushing the door open, pumping the arms, and envisioning the crest as flat. I also tried to keep my cadence up - more short steps as opposed to fewer longer strides. I really think that is the key and what I have been missing.

Anywho!!! I am DONE like... Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment