Friday, February 1, 2013

Friday 10-11am Run 10.27km, 1H

It was dry so I took advantage and I ran. Jonny made me a playlist that is exactly one hour long so that was my goal. I loved having a new playlist and kept trying to listen for hidden messages in the songs.

I ran out the alley and along Pacific on the sidewalk. I ran up Bute two blocks and back down the next one and then up the killer Broughton hill and then across beside the gazebo park and across Pacific to the C wall. I ran back towards the Burrard bridge and walked up those stairs and ran across the bridge. I ran back through G island and around and walked up the stairs to cross back home at the Cambie bridge. It was a perfect hour and a good run full of challenges. I just took it easy and enjoyed the scenery.

I thought about having a shirt that said, "My baby slept eight hours last night!" That's why I was running with a smile. I watched a pregnant girl walking and thought - if you only knew what this smile is about - you will understand soon enough and you won't think I am so crazy then.

Jonny's mix slowed down when I got to the elementary school. It was recess and all the kids were out playing. I imagined kneeling in front of Christian and zipping up his jacket and tweaking his little nose. I had a feeling. I am such a lucky mom. I love both my boys.

I didn't get any blisters this time. I guess my skin is back to being tough.

I think I am going to try and run an hour each time I go out instead of sticking to a training schedule. I will do the longer runs with Carrie.. but throughout the week. I will just run for an hour each time and add in hills or speed. I think you just have to get the km's in. Anywho... that training doesn't start till March. No worries!



No comments:

Post a Comment