Saturday, February 23, 2013

Saturday Run 11.1 km, 1 H

I was so happy to wake up this morning and see the sun as opposed to the predicted rain. Yesterday was so gross out then it was nice for a second and then gross and then nice. Today is awesome but windy. The wind was trying to blow me back home but I kept on running. I was seeing if I could make it to Jherico - not quite in one hour. I ran through Kits and there was a kite surfer just trucking back and forth along the bay there.

When I was running over there across the Burrard bridge I saw a red sailboat heading out and Jonny had the song Sail playing on my Wife Mix 2. The mix picked up at the end and kept me running home even though I was feeling tired and I could feel the blisters formed under my big toes. Serves me right for going cheap. I should have just gone to the Running Room and bit the bullet and got a good pair of shoes. Oh well. They didn't bother me until the end of the run so I will use these shoes for my shorter runs and tape my toes on longer ones until I get a new pair at the outlets when we go.

All in all - a beautiful and fun run. Jonny's turn to skate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment