Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday Run 14 Km, 1H 18 Mins

It is not sunny, but it isn't raining. It is quite a nice day out. I made a new mix before I left with the new Depeche Mode. I used to like them in high school so I thought I owed it to them to give their new album a listen. I split the album up into fifteen minutes then one minute of walking music. I skipped the third walk because I was running down hill and I was going fast and it was fun. I felt I earned it after having to run up that hill. So, I had to wait a half hour before I got to have a one minute break.

I ran along the C wall to the trails by the pool. I ran down Bridle until I got to the road and I crossed and ran down Merilees until the runpod told me to turn around. I had a couple of good hills each way.

There were some professional runners in the park training. One lady almost took me down and she was coming around a hill against the normal flow of traffic. I swore out loud and thought in my head - even out in the park people don't care about me and think they are more important... I think if you are in a group and doing some training of this sort that you should flag off the area or something ... or at least run on the correct side of the path. Or, have someone at the corner warning people that you are coming!

Anywho, I had a good run and it is done! My opinion of Depeche Mode is that it sounds like the old guys were having fun playing around with some new sounds. I don't think it is good running music and  nothing really caught my ear. I may give it another listen.. but probably not. Somethings should stay in high school. 

No comments:

Post a Comment