Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday Run 2.7 Km, 15:12 Mins

Pretty wimpy run this morning! I have an excuse though... (then again you can always find an excuse to not do something...) Anywho - my shoes were growing mold!!! I noticed something on them the last time I ran and I figured it might have been bird pooh. Maybe I hadn't been so lucky and the bird did get me. I wiped it off. Today I put my stinky shoes on and noticed that there was white fur on them. On the toes and in the air holes... MOLD! GROSS!! I guess I shouldn't have been putting them in the boxes on the wall. They need to air dry. I have never had this problem before... but I used to keep my shoes beside my bed on a towel, so I could get up and go. I ran... but I only ran the bare minimum and then I chucked those moldy shoes. They had 183km run on them... so they got used.. and they gave me blisters.. they just weren't a good shoe from the start. LATER! Off to the states this weekend and I will get some new ones.. for cheap!! (but good)

Anywho - today was the first official hill training day. I ran to the Cambie up ramp and ran up and down it six times. I prefer Broughton hill and I will run to that hill next Wednesday. The pedestrian ramp wasn't quite long enough... or steep enough to make me breathe hard. It was moslty covered from the rain though. Bonus!


No comments:

Post a Comment