Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Run 16 Km, 1H 28 Mins

This run felt so good and so easy. YAY! This is only five kilometres less than race day. I don't want to jinx myself - but things are going well. I like how I have adjusted my training to suit my needs and I like training alone so I can go my own speed.

There weren't as many people out today which made me worry a little bit because I was running alone in the trails. What if broke my ankle?? Jonny knows my route and would come and find me.

I ran two kilometres more than last Saturday which took me to the third beach bathrooms for the halfway point. It also gave me a couple more hills. That run back down Bridle just feels so amazing. Smashing Pumpkins was playing and I was cruising in my zone.

I had a strong finish. I didn't feel sluggish like yesterday. My muscles are all super sore from the dance warm-up yesterday but that didn't affect my run like I thought it might. I felt great - best run yet.

Sofie has registered for the half marathon and we are going to race together. I am happy I have a buddy to stand at the start line with and be happy with at the finish line!! Carrie is also going to be there to cheer us on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment