Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday 6-7:30 Jazz - Chris Dupre! (Still Here - Kina)

Well, this was a special treat. I didn't know that Chris Dupre was teaching tonight. No Moe! I have had this teacher before at GSP and at Harbour. He is an awesome teacher. Let's see if I can get some of the stuff out of my head before I lose it all.

First we did a warm up that started with sit ups. We did some down dogs and hip stretches. There were roll downs in different counts and up to releve and balance in one count. There were plies (which I can't do - so I looked funny at this point). We did tendus - he spoke of the lack of articulation in the limbs - using your full extension. He talked about the back and being connected with it. Arms in second.. just a little lower to feel connected... not too high up or too far back to throw off your center. We did six walks and pirouettes ATF - then four walks fast and four pirouettes. We didn't have any more time for ATF.

He was going to make a routine up on the spot but we had run out of time. He taught us one to the song Still Here by Kina. It starts laying on the floor. It was lyricaly and there was one super fast part. I spazzed at the end... in my mind... when we went in two small groups. I can't make myself go fast enough and protect the ankle.. and remember not to jump like everyone else. Holding back... oh well. I still had an awesome class.

No comments:

Post a Comment