Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tuesday 5:30-6:30 Street Jazz - Chris Dupre

I didn't get what song we were dancing to. It was a cover I think of a Keisha song??? Karen.. someone that he knew and was going to see in concert soon? Anyways, it was a girlie, girlie, dance.. and the boys in class did it way better than I could have. There were some sassy, gay dancers in class tonight and they worked it.

It was a really fun routine. I definitely need more time with this type of choreography to get it with good attitude and character.. I felt like I was just trying to get to the right place at the right time... I need about 20 more tries to make it good. I also feel like I got it when we are all doing it together.. but when we do it in smaller groups I freeze up! I hate that! Why can't I just pretend no one is there?

Joanne took class tonight and of course my eyes always drift to her because she is so awesome. Man.. I wish I could be more like her. I wish I wasn't such a bunhead. BUT.. I have to remind myself.. I can't move as fast with this foot.. I am protecting it... I am out of practice... and with more practice picking up choreo will be easier again.. .so.. the moral is.. Harbour twice a week at least!

Joanne

Chris Dupre notes:
He likes to stab when someone makes him angry... (air stabbing)
ummm... can't remember.. I will write more in if I think of it. He is going to FB the dance too..so I will try and get a copy. K.. time to work!

2 comments:

  1. I know you are doing your best and I am so proud of you! Keep dancing, practice is the secret to success and you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emma!! I know you are right!!

    ReplyDelete