Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday 6-7:15 Flow - Katherine - Sophie!

I ohmed today without realizing or thinking about it. I ohmed by accident. We did this deep breathing thing - breathe in - hold it - breathe out - hold it... and I was so light headed I guess from it... that I just ohmed. I totally shocked myself and opened my eyes and looked around but everyone else was not paying any attention to my ohming with their eyes closed - they were all into theirs. Weird! I hope I don't ohm again by accident... creepy. I won't give in!

We had a good vinyasa warm up that went well with the music. I don't know what she was playing but the last song was Rhianna - hearing pop music in yoga is always a bit odd.. but I like it. She used to play this one that was the original from... passing me by? Maybe.. I can't remember..  an old hip hop song but the original song.. a real song... and you think it is going to be the song that you know then it is a gay old song. She also plays Feist - I Tried to do Handstands with You... and then we do handstands sometimes.. or donkey kicks up to them... that is always funny.

I want to try and do the plank that goes into the twisted one footed side plank in class. The kids will fall and laugh. It is hard.

She is also trying to teach us to float through to a sitting position from plank and reverse... but I don't want to land on my ankle in a crossed leg position from the air. haha! That isn't smart.. maybe one day.

Sophie was stuck in traffic from North Van. That would be a hellish drive sometimes. She is so close to work from the West End but that bridge is not always conducive to a happy mental state. She didn't get to park at my house.. but she made it! I haven't seen her in two weeks.. so it was good to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment