Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thursday 8:15-9:45pm Bikram- Danny

I had two ideas in yoges.

The first one will probably not work but I will give it a go. I was thinking about Pit and how he needs to make a lifestyle change. I was imagining what would happen if he started coming to yoga every day and lost weight and then we could go surfing! How could I make this happen? Maybe I could get Sam and Jonny in on it. If Pit agrees to go Sam and Jonny said they would come... but when I got home Jonny refused. There is no way he is going and doing yoga in a room with a bunch of people. He doesn't get it. Even though there are a lot of people in yoga it is kind of like you are alone. You are just focusing on yourself and breathing. (trying to .. anyways..) Anywho... then I started imagining Sam, Jonny, and Pit in Yoga. But I kept imaging them drunk and laughing and falling over. Sam was hitting on the half naked girls. They were just ruining it and not taking it serious. Maybe this isn't such a good plan. I am still going to invite Pit and try to convince him to give it a go when I see him next Tuesday. Why not?

The second idea, I was thinking about dance my goal to be even better when I go back to school. Dance classes are expensive. Three time a week is what I have been doing and what I think is reasonable. How can I take advantage of that? My problem is sometimes I wish I had a bit more time with each choreography to get it and get it down so I can perform it with style. To work on my style instead of just getting the steps in the right order. So, I thought, I need to take each of the choreographies that I learn and do them at home until I get them. I can slow it down and really work on each movement. I go to Harbour Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday - that is three classes. If I work on the choreographies the next day - that is like adding three more classes for free and it will help me achieve my goal - and I can be home with the boy! ALL GOOD!

As for yoga today - it was a packed class. I am getting bendier. I could do full camel and I did standing head to knee - but I didn't hold it the whole time. (I had a body butter issue - I moisturized last night and didn't shower before yoga - so I was a little slick rick.) Hmmm... what else? I still can't do the sit ups. I tried the first one and felt the pull and imagined doing it and my stomach ripping apart and me screaming in the yoga class... so I didn't do it. I am sure when it is ready I will just be able to do it. What I need to do is just flex my stomach muscles a lot during the day. Practice strengthening them but sucking them in. Then, eventually, they will get strong enough to full sit up.

Enough blah, blah, blah! Going back to Bikram tomorrow with Carrie at 4:15.


No comments:

Post a Comment