Thursday, January 3, 2013

Thursday 8:15pm Bikram - Danny- My first class back in the hot room!

I got the all clear from Dr. Spehar today to go back to my activities but listen to my body. YAY! I have been looking forward to the recovery challenge for ... a long time. I was scared to go back to the hot room because it can be pretty rough in there but I lucked out. The heat was a perfect temperature for my first class back. Danny said there was something wrong and it was two degrees cooler than it was supposed to be. That two degrees made me have an awesome first class back.

Christian had been pretty fussy this afternoon so I only managed to squeeze in a half hour nap. Jonny got home from work and took over Christian duty and I pumped - not the full time because I was running late - and was out the door by 8. I arrived at 8:08 - there is only free parking for two hours and I made it no problem.

The studio was packed when I walked in. That is ok, I wanted to be at the back anyways. I have been going to the doctors every week now to have those little warts burnt off the bottom of my foot. I put duct tape over the holes in my foot and wore my flip flops right to the door. I don't want to pass them to anyone. The piece of tape on my heel fell off during triangle. damn! The rest of the class I was wondering how I would get to my flip flops. Then I realized I could just walk on the ball of that foot. As I became up close and personal with the guys feet in front of me... hairy toes, nicely groomed toe nails.. and what is that? WARTS on your heel??!! Why am I so worried? GROSS!! I am not the only one. Now I know where I got them from. Wear your flip flops in yoga!! I am going to bring socks tomorrow to walk from my shoes to my mat. Once these buggers are gone I do not want to have to go through this again.

I have talked so much about everything except the class. I had a great class. My thighs were shaking. I didn't do the sit ups. I did the alternate exercise for locust. I didn't kick out. I focused on locking the knee. I did have too much moisturizer on and I was slippery and had to cheat with my hand towel. That is about it.

I am going back tomorrow morning at 9:30 with CARRIE!! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment