Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Wednesday 5:30-6:30 Hip Hop - JP



This is the same song that we did with Stu on Monday too - well part of it... I think he started with a different song and then mixed this one in half way through to the end.

Anywho- the warm-up had already started when I got there. It was down in studio four. The most open space was at the front right corner so I took it. This made me try harder because I was at the front. I should really force myself to stand at the front more often. Maybe every class! If my goal is to go back to school a better dancer than when I left  - I should really stand at the front every class.

Again- I got the choreo some of the times. There were a couple of spots that were messing me up and I had no style. I was really bothered by the mirror and my reflection. I had a baby nine weeks ago - shut-up brain! But.. I still kept going back to that in my head. Oh well. It will come off and I will find something else to whine about in my head! haha!

When I was walking to dance, I was beside a girl who was staring at her phone. I walked quickly but she was with me at the next light still staring at her phone. I was thinking in my head about a FB status I could put up for my teacher FB page- if you thought about it - what rules would you make for yourself that deal with phone etiquette? Have you even ever thought about it? Do you know what it says when you stare at your phone when you could be looking and watching people? It says the phone is more important. Is it? Ahh... I probably won't write anything.. but I strongly believe that phone etiquette needs to be taught.... and not just to high school kids... parents and professionals are just as bad. I guess what I can do is lead by example. I try not to look at my phone when I am out walking and I do not use my phone when I am teaching. I still look at my phone at stop lights sometimes when I am driving. I need to stop that. I check my phone too much. I am glad I have it. Sometimes I feel it is my link to the real world during this motherhood time. But - but this whole motherhood time... IS the most REAL world!!

Anywho... random thoughts... I look forward to dance on Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment