Saturday, May 30, 2009

8am Hot - Christine - I forgot my usual water breaks!

Shoe thief!!

Wow - this was my second full hot of May. I have been doing Patricia Lowe's 1 hour hot series in the mornings and I have neglected the normal hots. I was worried that it was going to be grueling, but since I am feeling better I had a really pleasant class. I actually did awesome.

I tried to set three goals for my class while I was laying and waiting for the class to start. I kept thinking of more things to work on though - goals of past classes and corrections and such. The three that I pounded out were: 1. Do all the poses/ no laying down. 2. Stay in all the poses until she says change - no matter what! 3. Try my hardest throughout. Those were my main big goals. However, I really worked hard this class and I tried to fix a lot of things.

Pranyama breathing: I thought about my long neck, shoulders relaxed and will I ever be able to get my elbows up right beside my head?

Half Moon Pose: I tried not to make the wrinkles in my side the first set. Christine reminded us to use opposite grip for the second set and I went down real low the second time. I have a crynchy part in my left side when I go down to the right. I winder if it is just in the morning? I still can't straighten my legs when I go forward.. and I know that is only in the morning. I wonder if Patricia was right in her theory that if you stretch in the morning when you are crunchy you are actually increasing your overall flexibility more?

Awkward pose: I really wanted to come out of the one on the toes - but I held it the first one.. and the second time - I came up a bit.. but not all the way until she said change... I had to remember my goal!!

Standing head to knee: I was worried that I wouldn't be able to do this one.. because it is isn't in the PL1HH class - but I got it. I just kept thinking - suck in my stomach and kick out my heel.

Standing Bow: I stayed in both times - that is the challenge with this one. My tattoo leg was slippery and I left grip marks on my leg.

Balancing stick: oh ya... back muscles.. suck stomach in.

Standing separate leg: Right hamstring.. work work work..I want you to be flexible again. I want to have my hips straight and my head on the floor.. again.. I think I would be able to in the evening. I need to take an evening class.

Triangle: tuck bum in, suck stomach in, reach and don't collapse on supporting side

Standing separate leg head to knee: again.. my right hamstring bumming me out. On the right side I had to bend my knee. Even my left side I felt a bit crunchy. Again - this one is not in the PL1HH class.

That is all I feel like writing.. I was going to do the whole class.. but my bum is going numb!!

No comments:

Post a Comment