Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Wednesday 14.52km Slow and Easy

14.52 km
1:24:31
5:48 min/km
1091 cals

I took today off to catch up with my runs and day to day life. I went out on my run with the idea in my head that I would just run slow and enjoy it. I didn't want the Nike thing telling me how far I had gone or anything. I set it to basic so I could just check my distance at the end. I did peak close to home just to see how far I did go.

I wanted and did run through my alley down to the C wall and along the C wall to the 2nd beach pool. I turned up there and took the trail called Rawlings which goes along the road. I am still a little freaked about going to far in alone. I tried to remember all the names of the trails. I want to train and learn them so I can read the running room routes and make them make sense in my head. This path went next to a baseball field and then turned into ... what was it.. Bridle? I think so which leads to prospect point. At the top I crossed the road and took Miralees? which is down and up and looks out over the Siwash rock and heads back to third beach. At third beach I got back onto the C wall after drinking from the fountain. I continued to go slow. I ran home the way I came. I stopped for water one more time in English Bay. I wasn't thirsty I just didn't want to be sick after and I did not know how long I had been running for or how far. I didn't stop other than that - no walking - just slow running.

When I got home I was drenched and cold. I drank Gatorade and sat in the shower. I don't feel guilty anymore and I am not going to worry about the 4.5km that I still owe for this week.. if I don't get them in on one of my other runs. I am happy.

I thought about school next year on my run and how I am on the verge of a burn out.. or already past it. I also thought I thought I was teaching my kids something good about dedication but maybe I do need to teach them that there is more to life than dance. That you must learn to take care of yourself too. Everybody has their limits. I think that next year I am going to enforce a new rule: you are only allowed to be on two dance teams - no exceptions. The kids that are on three or four dance teams are burning out. It is too much. I am going to open up a discussion on my blog for the kids and see what they think. I also am thinking of trying my new morning practice schedule out this year and see how it works. Why not? Why not stop the burn out now? Why wait till next year?

OK.. next on my list... license...

I might not make pot pies.. I will grocery shop.. but.. might just give myself a break.. we will see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment