Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesday 3 Tempo (+ Saturday's 3 steady) - Week 6

6 km 
29:03 mins
4:49 min/km
452 cals

So, I left school. I jumped over a puddle to get to my truck and I jumped quick to avoid getting too wet. It was pouring in Surrey and gray. Maybe it wasn't raining in Vancouver yet?

I drove across the Granville street bridge (with no problems yet.. knock on wood) and the people walking across the bridge were fighting the rain and the wind. One girl with a large green umbrella was struggling to get her umbrella flipped back in the right direction.

This did not look like the kind of weather that I wanted to run in. Maybe I could go to yoga instead? It is warm in there... nope. I have committed to this. I can do this. Besides I have a storm jacket!! hahaha!

I dolled up in my sexy running gear (totally sarcastic) made a playlist where the two songs I am choreographing would play more than once so I could choreograph and run and off I went down the back door so our new security guard wouldn't see me in my sexy running gear!

I ran down the alley and down to the C wall by the Stone restaurant. I ran to English Bay avoiding puddles but I didn't notice the rain much other than that. I was sweating anyways. I turned around when it said halfway - which I know really isn't halfway and I ran back.

I felt heavy today and like I was trying to go fast and was just slugging my feet one in front of the other.. but my nike thing says I was running good. I felt like a slug though. I think it was my bad attitude going into this run. I always run better in the sun! I am tired and cranky though.. sorry mom.. and I think that reflected in my run. I yawned at least 50 times on the way home. I haven't yawned since my run though.

I am not going to my favourite yoga class tonight. I can't do it all and I have to relax and just let it go. I have to give into this training and enjoy it. We are almost halfway through the training. When it is done I can do as much yoga and dance as I want. I can't do both. I would be able to if I didn't work so much. If I could run or yoga in the morning and then have time to do something after school - but dance team takes up so much time... and it is worth it?? yes! So, I am going to just run on Wednesday and Thursday. Monday I can go to Moe's class and Tuesdays and Fridays I can still go to the 4pm yogas... maybe.. no stress... Cause really... what is my goal? I want to run this run under 2 hours. I have to focus on my running up until this race to accomplish this goal. Otherwise I will just get a little bit better at running and a little bit better at dance and a little big better at yoga. One focus at a time.

BLAH BLAH BLAH!! I am going to go and get some fresh bread to dip in my soup!!!

LATER!!! Thanks for reading my run day!

No comments:

Post a Comment