Friday, March 15, 2013

Friday Run 6.3 Km, 32:59 Mins

No rain today... yet! Jonny and Christian went for a skate and I ran the opposite way - the Yaletown side to the rings and back.

There are a group of golden oldies on bikes that ride around the C wall around this time. I saw them on Wednesday by Science World. There were more of them then. Maybe they pick up more people as they go around. Or maybe Wednesdays are just more popular. I will be keeping my eye for them though.

They are cutting the brambles down around the dog beach under the Burrard street bridge. I think that will nice. I think some people will miss the berries in berry season. I bet they will find some nasty stuff in those bushes.

I got some good smiles and runner's nods today. People aren't being as snotty as usual. Maybe they were from somewhere else.

I got back to the boy and Jonny and there was a woman staring at her phone while pushing her two kids on the swings. One little boy was wearing red skinny jeans and gold shoes! She had fake blonde hair. She was missing good kid moments while she was looking at her phone. I want to make a conscious effort not to be that parent. I was thinking, some of the only times I don't look at my phone are when I am sleeping, at yoga, dance, or running. What weird days we live in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment