Sunday, March 24, 2013

Sunday 10-11:30 Bikram Cambie - Cedric

Wow - I did not enjoy this class and I will check the schedule from now on to make sure that Cedric is not teaching the class that I plan to go to. I have had Cedric before when he was a new teacher back at the old Cambie studio. The complaints I have are similar to those I had back in 2006. He has no rhythm or flow to his class. He wants to be the mind that controls our bodies but sometimes he gives instructions and other times he babbles trying to invoke motivation. He seems to be trying to be like Danny but he can't pull it off. He isn't believable. For the first half of the class he was sitting on the stool holding his knees all hunched over. You want us to stand tall and push, push, push, but you aren't leading by example. I will say his class did get better once we got to the floor and he stood up and started teaching while he was moving around. His flow improved. Or else he checked the time and realized he is going to go over... again.

I left the class feeling like the class took forever and I was deflated instead of feeling like the class went really quick and feeling awesome. I have really enjoyed Christine and Michelle's classes lately. I appreciate their flow and rhythm. I will seek them out in the schedule when I can. I hope that Cedric just learns to be himself in class instead of trying to act like another teacher. And I think he should stand and walk around when he is teaching because it does seem to improve his rhythm somewhat. But. I don't plan on taking his classes if I can avoid it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment