Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday Morning Sunny C wall!


15.19 km 
1:24:34 hour
5:34 min/km 
1055 cals

I woke up this morning and the sun she was a shining!! However.. it was 5:45am so I had a peanut butter sandwich and some Gatorade and went back to sleep. I woke up at 8:35am and it was so NICE! FINALLY! I was ready to run.

I got dressed in … shorts and a singlet… and made an on-the-go playlist.

I decided that today was the perfect day to run the C wall. I ran down my alley and out through a parking lot and down to Gastown by the Sea bus station. I ran along there to the C wall. That first part of my run was a lot of stop and go because of … well.. roads and cars. I don’t really like running through this part of town. It feels weird. I feel more normal when I get on the wall and there are other people like me.

I felt good running. When I started out my plan was not to do the 10 and 1’s. I wasn’t going to stop to walk but then my mind kept wanting to stop. Then, I saw this old runner man ahead of me and he did the walk – and I passed him!! Hahaha! We later became little buddies. He passed me saying I was his pacer. He reckons I was going about 5’20 and I was like.. I don’t know.. he says.. you have the thing.. ya.. but I can’t see it! Anywho- he passed me but I kept right behind him for the longest time. Then .. I fell back. I don’t know why – distracted by a song or something. The old man had spunk. I think he sped up!

I stopped for a walk under the Lions Gate – so from my house to Lions Gate – that is pretty far. My ears were so sweaty that my headphones couldn’t get sound through the sweat and they kept slipping out… oh well.. they shouldn’t be that close to my ears anyways. Probably better for me if they slip out a little. The left ear is always the worst for sweat and losing the ear bud. Annoying.. but a little wipe of the bud and my ear and it works fine again. I wish I wasn’t such a sweaty girl! I could do so much more!

I saw the Siwash rock up ahead and I passed a girl and told myself I could walk again when I got there but I didn’t walk. I was cruising. That little walk break made me fast. I was in my zone and I caught back up with my old man! I got to the rock and he ran into a friend and stopped to talk. I laughed and said – Thanks for stopping him! Hahaha! He laughed. I ran to third beach and stopped to drink water. The old man passed me and said – thanks for waiting for me!! Hahahaha!! Funny. That was the last I saw of him because I love third beach and I thought it would be nice to sit on a log and stretch for a while. I love the sun and the sand… and it is the perfect morning. YAY! I drank some more water from the fountain ( I didn’t want to wear my water bottle ) and away I went.

I was passing and going fast. I didn’t stop again – not true.. I stopped for water at English Bay.. but just quick all over my face water. I was drenched with sweat anyways…. And I just cruised in the zone all the way to my alley.

And now.. I am reconsidering going to dance at 1… hahaha.. that was a long run already! Ya.. I think I have done enough for today!! That was a long one and when I just got up to fix the Internet… I was walking like an old person!! Hahaha! Shuffling one might say.

No comments:

Post a Comment