Saturday, September 4, 2010

8am Hot Yoges - 90min - Christine - Day 5

Suffering is the sandpaper that shapes your life. - Christine read this to us in her soft voice during the last savasana. Or.. at least that is what I heard. (My ankle is sandpaper!)

Before class started I did my ROM exercises. 10 of each of the following:
circles right
circles left
Flex and point
Up in down in
Up out down out
small alphabet
big alphabet to L... then class started.

After class I did them again. I was going to massage the scar but I couldn't remember ... I knew there was something I was thinking during class that I was going to add to my ROM exercises.. but I just remembered now. I will do it after I write this.

Improvements:
Fixed firm - I used the block the first time but not the second.
half tortoise - I sat on my bum with my feet together the first time but on my knees the second.
Walking home after class - I was walking pretty normal after being all stretched out :) 

Grumpiness: I have two pairs of yoga clothes that come higher in my waste and cover my fat belly. Those are in the wash. The other two pairs are low riders a bit and no matter how much I suck in my gut it just won't go in. I refuse to do laundry every two days for my ego. It was hard today and it made me so sad - so mad that I let myself eat bad foods when I couldn't move. I should have gone with my first instincts and tried to eat healthy. Then I tried.. I have the excuse that I was at other people's homes and eating out a lot. I still could have eaten better and eaten less. I could have made better choices and I wouldn't be in this situation now. It didn't help that in front of me was the skinniest, most tanned, yogi.. she must have been a teacher. She was very inspiring with her focus and serenity. But her perfect skinny body right in front of my fat one just... well.. I was at the wrong side of this juxtaposition. WHATEVER - 35 more days. I am strong, I am smart, I am beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment